New to the Juke - Not New to tinkering

New to the Nissan Juke Forums? Introduce yourself here
MCD

New to the Juke - Not New to tinkering

Post by MCD » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:14 am

Hi guys, to wanted to say hello!

So this is my first Nissan, after many years of Vauxhall & VAG ownership. The juke is our2nd family car, the choice influenced heavily by my wife! At first i thought them a very ugly car, but after 6 months ownership ive really warmed to the thing! Spec wise, its a tekna, which is fully loaded, and by my choice comes with the fantastic 1.6 dig-t lump, which is surprising entertaining to drive..... gives some of the big boys a run for their money!

So its a 2012 model which i now understand to be prefacelift? But we bought straight out rather than finance new. Being a keen retro fitter of the past, having fitted serious OEM upgrades to VAG and Vauxhalls, i will definately be looking into facelifting this car! The electrical system seems more forgiving as i have found LED bulbs go in without error codes, so hopefully facelift headlights just just plug in... and the wings bolt on like vauxhall.

Car has only done 36k, but i shall be changing oil and new oem brakes all round over the following weeks. So will happily share experience..

Thus far, impressive little car,

Mike

vexorg

Re: New to the Juke - Not New to tinkering

Post by vexorg » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:35 pm

I think the facelift is a bigger change than you think. The wings, drls, bonnet are all different, probably bumper too.
Rear is also different.

I prefer the facelift drl lights, the prefacelft ones look quite dull when you see them side by side.

Just curious, what vauxhall and vag cars have you had?

Gasmeter

Post by Gasmeter » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:33 pm

Welcome. :D

MCD

Post by MCD » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:46 am

@vexorg yes this is what im saying, its both wings, both headlights and the front bumper and grill. The Juke benefits from bolt on panels so this will be a straight forward job. I have facelifted a number of cars over the years its very straight forward. The inner chassis structure will be the same. Ive checked facelfit jukes and mounting points are the same...

The only isssue is if the new shaper headlights with bult in DRL will just plug in... or if i need to reprogram the car like on vauxhall? need to do more research on this... check the plugs etc!

I love a challenge :)

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:32 am

The DRL are mounted sepeate to the headlights. The look to be just plug in, I can unplug one later tonight and see if an error appears.

MCD

Post by MCD » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:50 pm

Are yoi refering to the ones in the bumper on nismo?

I mean part of the new shape headlight that has an extra tip or zigzag as best way to describe it on the front?

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:27 am

I was meaning the ones up high beside the bonnet

Return to “Introductions”