New owner needs help/advice on 1.6 DIG T Tekna

New to the Nissan Juke Forums? Introduce yourself here
pauldazzle

New owner needs help/advice on 1.6 DIG T Tekna

Post by pauldazzle » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi all, my wife has just bought a 65 reg Juke 1.6 DIG T Tekna 188bhp.
She loves the car, but it seems to over rev during gear changes, & when coming on & off the clutch in traffic. i.e put the clutch in when in 1st or 2nd in stop start traffic, & instead of the revs dropping the revs rise to 1200 RPM before slowly dropping back to 700ish RPM. During normal gear changes the RPM's don't really seem to drop at all.
It's been into Nissan who say it's normal operation, & a characteristic of the DIG T ! however I have since driven an identical car which only showed the same behaviour when cold, & drove normally once warmed up.
Can any members give me your experience of the 1.6 DIG T in regard of this?

actd

Re: New owner needs help/advice on 1.6 DIG T Tekna

Post by actd » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:35 pm

Mine certainly seems to take its time dropping to idling speed when coming to rest - just a guess, it could be to circulate oil around the turbo to prevent oil starvation after a fast run, but no idea if that is the case. Can't say I've noticed over revving during gear changes, but it is very sensitive to the throttle, so could just be a fraction of a second delay in coming off the throttle perhaps.
2012 - Acenta Premium dCI - Gun metallic
2014 - Acenta Premium 1.2 DiG-T - Nightshade
2015 - Acenta Premium 1.6 DiG-T - Black
2017 - N-Connecta 1.6 DiG-T - Black

pauldazzle

Re: New owner needs help/advice on 1.6 DIG T Tekna

Post by pauldazzle » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:33 am

Thanks for the response. Nissan have the car at the moment, & are suggesting a Throttle Body fault might be the cause of the over revving.
I will update the situation in case it helps others.

Return to “Introductions”