Nissan Juke Forum banner

1.5 oil filter

4K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Gasmeter 
#1 ·
Service time today. why would any engine designer ever think it was a good idea to have the oil filter pointing downwards. There's no way to avoid oil running down over the front of the engine!!

#4 ·
Assuming you took your car in for a service and asked them to change the plugs and pollen filter what sort of price would you expect to pay ?
Whilst I know different dealers might vary in what they charge there must be some sort of average figure.

I guess most garages could do the job but could you trust them to do so, not the things you can easily check or at least not in my case as 2 of the plugs are easy to get at the other 2 have the air intake over them and to remove that entails disconnecting other things...and replacing the air intake gasket.........if you go that far you might as well do the job yourself.

#5 ·
I would expect the average service must be about £200 these days. We had a deal for the first service being £125 as a small incentive. If it's out of warranty then I do myself. Much as it pains me, the idea of them having a get out on the warranty means I take the hit.

#6 ·
My car is 2012, had it about a year and the service book is up to date.
I usually drive cars until they get to the point where it's too costly to keep them so expect at least another 6 years out of this car.
Point in asking about cost of service is making the balance of the cost against spending time doing it yourself, keeping in mind that parts you need filter, oil etc needs to be deducted from the garage cost.....so based on estimate of £ 200 garage.....DIY is saving about £ 150.
At one time I quite enjoyed doing these jobs but getting a bit lazy these days so have to think which way to go on this......
Apart from oil and oil filter change excluding spark plugs what else does the garage check ? surely fluid levels in radiator, master brake cylinder, washer bottle are simple enough jobs as is resetting the service clock so what are you actually getting in a standard service ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.