Flat Battery ? Flashing green 'Auto' light?

Got a problem, look here to see if its known or let others know of the issue
dazzlaa

Flat Battery ? Flashing green 'Auto' light?

Post by dazzlaa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:06 am

Hey guys,
So my Juke Tekna 1.5 dci is 8 weeks out of warranty and have just experienced a fault were I returned to my car after a 5 minute stop (Had been driving for 60 minutes) and found my car would not start.
During the drive my start stop light was flashing on the dash (green auto light) suggesting the charge was low.
So I got the jump leads and the car started. Got it home, stopped it and tried it again: fired up no problems?!
I checked the battery use indicator and it shows 5 bars.

Haven't had chance to check voltages yet but it just feels like a really odd issue. Anyone have any previous experience of this?

Nisey68

Re: Flat Battery ? Flashing green 'Auto' light?

Post by Nisey68 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:44 pm

Hi there,

Just had exactly the same issue.

Have you got the problem resolved & if so what was the issue?

Your help is appreciated. :)

Rookwood

Post by Rookwood » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Our Juke is 38 months old (Ie 2 months out of warranty). Had exactly the same problem. First issue was after a 30 minute drive. All ok until the return journey and battery flat. Breakdown service attached a battery and away we went. Charged the battery and after a week or so same thing again. This has happened 4 or 5 times since. Alternator appears to be ok. Even after 24 hours of not being used the battery voltage is 12.4 and it will start ok. Just lets us down at times. My wife has lost all confidence in the Juke. Nissan say 3 year warranty!!! Take it to a dealer which we have booked in for this week. Battery Label says Enhanced Flooded Battery special technology, and the equivalent batteries are all 5year guarantee. Am interested in any suggestions

Duncan22

Post by Duncan22 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:55 pm

I guess you have a multimeter to know that the battery is showing 12.4 but you then say alternator appears to be ok.
If you check the reading across the battery terminals with the engine running what reading on the multimeter are you getting. ?

Rookwood

Post by Rookwood » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:53 pm

Get up to 14v with the engine running

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:20 pm

General consensus is that flashing green auto light means that the battery is not up to the job for start-stop.

tonyweedon

Post by tonyweedon » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:27 am

The flashing green auto light comes on when the stop start system gets 'confused' it is not a battery issue (although the battery is underpowered)
If you push the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, it will re-set.

marrygold

Post by marrygold » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:35 am

i didnt think auto's had a clutch

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:50 am

Pretty sure I had the clutch in for long periods when the autolight was flashing, no effect.