Servicing after warranty?

Non-Technical Nissan Juke chat.
Christoff

Re: Servicing after warranty?

Post by Christoff » Wed May 15, 2019 9:00 pm

Gasmeter wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:19 pm
Hi the breakdown included is it for a year ? just curious, also you can wash your car anytime
Yes it's a year.

I normally do wash it myself but haven't had time recently and it's in desperate need. I'm not buying a service for that - it's just included.

The extras come with the more expensive services as standard anyway - I'm not going for the service because of them. But I am choosing this dealership over another because they include the extras for less money than the other dealership without the extras.

Duncan22

Post by Duncan22 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:46 pm

If you service a car yourself at least you know what's been done, I am sure most garages and dealers are genuine but not all.
Whatever you are charged there will be VAT added to it.
And no matter how often you get it serviced there is no guarantee it will not break down, say you have just had it serviced and the timing belt snaps well below the mileage it should be replaced at ? No good saying to them you have just serviced my car how could that happen.
Change the oil, oil filter, air filter and plugs at the recommended intervals and you cannot go wrong, all the other stuff to check can be eye balled, such as brake fluid level, radiator, etc.
If your brakes, lights and all the other things are a problem it should get picked up at the MOT if you do not spot it first.
Other than what I describe above I cannot see what else a service entails.
I doubt they use a code reader unless a fault is showing on the dashboard or you have a query about performance.

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Fri May 17, 2019 8:10 am

On our first service (car's first service), they called up asking for an extra £50 to "dust" the brakes!!
Although they dont do extra work, I think any decent garage should inspect all the usual points, at a service, like joints and boots, discs and pads, damage on any pipework, etc.

Other things you should consider are coolant and brake fluid change every 4 or 5 years (many say 2 years for brake fluid now). Gearbox oil every 100k miles.

Return to “Main Juke Discussion”