Car Seat Dents

Non-Technical Nissan Juke chat.
Gibbsy09

Car Seat Dents

Post by Gibbsy09 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:48 pm

Hi I had my grandsons car seat sitting on the driver's side all belted in and just sitting there for around 6 months, untill yesterday my sister needed it and when I moved it I noticed it left dents either side of the seat.

It is leather seats and I don't know if the dents will lift back up, I am not belting it in now when it is laying on the chair to take some tension off but it still weighs down on the chair a little.

As I said though I don't know if the dents will come out, and I'm still left with the chair making dents, I could put it in the boot and that would solve it but it's a hassle moving back and fourth.

I know I'm probably asking for the impossible, but is there a solution to this how do other people cope with this, is it just a case of ruining your seats over a car seat, or is it the leather seats that are troublesome thanks.

Gasmeter

Re: Car Seat Dents

Post by Gasmeter » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Hi i always keep my grandson's seat in the boot but if you prefer not to fine.Why not try a thin piece of say plywood under the seat or foam a
couple of inch's thick just a thought :)

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:47 pm

That confused me, I read the first part as car seat in the drivers seat. :D

Gibbsy09

Post by Gibbsy09 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:52 pm

vexorg wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:47 pm
That confused me, I read the first part as car seat in the drivers seat. :D
Lol he drives me up the wall but don't think he'll be driving the car just yet :lol:

Gibbsy09

Post by Gibbsy09 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:58 pm

Gasmeter wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:06 pm
Hi i always keep my grandson's seat in the boot but if you prefer not to fine.Why not try a thin piece of say plywood under the seat or foam a
couple of inch's thick just a thought :)
I know the boot is best lol, just a lazy shit probably, or just like convenience plus when the dark nights come in it's just easier to have it there waiting.

The foam is a good shout though I could give that a try, meanwhile anyone any suggestions to lift the indentations from the seats?

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:00 am

Probably it will sort itself with time.

Return to “Main Juke Discussion”