Speed cameras

Non-Technical Nissan Juke chat.
stevied

Re: Speed cameras

Post by stevied » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:11 pm

Well I returned to the dealership and it literally took 1 minute to enable.
I don't know if it shows the speed camera or just beeps as I haven't passed one yet, I will let you know later.
I have different screens now, I have one which shows apps, eco history and POI.
The apps opens up Facebook and Google, neither work as it doesn't recognize my Samsung galaxy A50.
It lists lots of other phones but old models, I don't think it is designed for UK after reading up, it seems it's for the American market.

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:00 am

Never used the apps, I was told you need to download the nissan app and that allows the car to connect to your phone. All seemed a bit pointless as it disables the apps when driving, so you may as well use your phone if stopped.

stevied

Post by stevied » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:06 pm

That's correct Vexorg.
The Nissan connect app is outdated, nothing has been done with the app since 2017 and is useless.
I downloaded it and it does nothing lol.

jukeward

Post by jukeward » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:05 pm

Hi, On all Jukes pre latest model (2020) you can upload Speed Camera Data as Points of Interest via USB stick, the instructions are in the manual, I've had three Mk1 Jukes and done it on each one. Sadlt it doesn't seem to be possbile on my new Mk2. I found a full list of speed cameras for free on the internet which are pretty accurate but obviously not guranteed to cover every single one. Trouble is I can't find them now, I have this link which might help.: https://poiplaza.com/ . Once uploaded, when you get to a camera location the nav will post a little camera icon and bleep at a distance you can set in the settings. Good luck.
Let the Juke see the road

Deks

Post by Deks » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:59 am

jukeward wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:05 pm
Hi, On all Jukes pre latest model (2020) you can upload Speed Camera Data as Points of Interest via USB stick, the instructions are in the manual, I've had three Mk1 Jukes and done it on each one. Sadlt it doesn't seem to be possbile on my new Mk2. I found a full list of speed cameras for free on the internet which are pretty accurate but obviously not guranteed to cover every single one. Trouble is I can't find them now, I have this link which might help.: https://poiplaza.com/ . Once uploaded, when you get to a camera location the nav will post a little camera icon and bleep at a distance you can set in the settings. Good luck.

Thanks for the explanation

actd

Post by actd » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:30 pm

Assuming this is the old Juke, leave it disabled (I asked them to do this years ago and they "couldn't") and instead get a subscription to pocketGPSworld - costs £20 per year and you can download a weekly up to date database of speed cameras, much better than the out of date ones on the satnav.
2012 - Acenta Premium dCI - Gun metallic
2014 - Acenta Premium 1.2 DiG-T - Nightshade
2015 - Acenta Premium 1.6 DiG-T - Black
2017 - N-Connecta 1.6 DiG-T - Black
2016 - Audi TT 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic - White